Monday, July 23, 2012

A little bit about me and my start!

So, I never actually took any progress pictures at first, so bear with me while I try to show some sort of before and after of the past few months!


So this is me at the beginning of May! I never seemed to take any pictures of my whole body from before, so I guess this will have to do...
As you can see, I'm short... 5"3'. I've always been curvy, and was even more so in high school. I'd say that now I'm curvy and in high school I was "chunky" and often referred to as "thunder-thighs". I grew up in Geneva, Switzerland, where the majority of girls are very skinny, so I felt a little out of place already having a very womanly body.


This is me at the gym recently. Not much of a difference, but now I'm definitely more toned (except for those problematic inner thighs!). I have been eating right and going to the gym every day, no crash diets or "cleansing", so it's a slow process. But this is good, the changes will be long-term. You can't expect to get the body you want without hard work and patience. It's not a body change, it's a lifestyle change. The body will come eventually, that I have no doubt about!

However... I think I may have been doing one too many push ups...


But let me tell you. I go to the gym every day, but it definitely was not like that at first. I started by running 10 minutes on the treadmill 3 times a week, and I honestly thought I was dying the whole time. When your problem areas involve your legs... Treadmills are rough. But eventually I got to 15 minutes, 4 times a week, then 20 minutes 5 times a week, and I started running outside on trails, doing 3-6 miles on alternating days. Days of rest are important, but to me my day of rest involves something minor, but still something to keep my blood pumping. Now I do an hour of cardio 6 days a week, and I switch it up so my muscles don't get too used to whatever action I'm doing. Change is good, and it will challenge your body and your mind even more.

Now, if you want to be toned and sculpted, you have to lift. Don't worry, my arms were bulky to begin with, you won't look manly. I'll post more about that later! 

Thanks for reading :)
Kat


Got a little bored and took a picture. Happens a little more often than I'd like... Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment