Friday, July 27, 2012

Promises to myself.


The reason that I decided to change my lifestyle was because of a drastic change in my life. A heartbreak. Really horrible, painful things. I got hurt by the one person I trusted with my life and loved more than anything. So, a big adjustment is needed. I couldn't go "back" to how I used to be, because I wasn't happy then either. I have kind of been a confused mess for a long time, so I want to take small steps to get to know me, and learn to rely and love myself. Yeah, it's pretty embarrassing talking about my heartaches, but you know what, they need to be said. I can't live in denial anymore, or throw any more pity parties. I am going to be stronger because of all my hurts and sorrows, and strive for success, because that is always the best revenge. 

I will not be defined by another person. I can let other people help me, but I will strive to rely mainly on myself. I will strive to make my life an inspiration, and I will help as many people as I possibly can. I will learn to love myself, because no matter how much I wish it, I will never stop being me. 

I choose to better my mind, body and soul. How I am going to get back up on my feet will define me.

What people don't realize is that working out isn't a punishment... It's therapeutic. I got hurt only 2 months ago in a very big way, and because I've been eating clean and exercising, I feel stronger. I don't think I would be doing so well if I didn't push myself. It was so hard at first, but so rewarding. Definitely worth it.

Florence and the Machine - Shake It Out
Good song for heartaches. Thank God for music.

No comments:

Post a Comment